Cabbage Chutney Recipe – This pachadi is made of cabbage and other common ingredients which we use for chutneys.
This chutney gives a unique taste. I did not use coconut here, if you prefer to add, you can go ahead and add it. This chutney goes well with Idli and Dosa. I love tempering chutneys, I like the crunchy feeling with every bite. If you want to make something other than coconut pachadi, this could be a great alternative. Go ahead, give a try and share your feedback.
Cabbage Chutney Recipe
- Kadai to Fry and Mixer Jar to make Chutney
- 1/2 Cabbage chopped or grated
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion chopped finely
- 1 Tomato chopped finely
- 1 to 2 Green Chili
- 3 to 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds, Urad dal, Chana dal
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 piece Tamarind small
- Curry leaves few
- Take a Kadai, Heat the oil, add the mustard seeds, urad dal and chana dal. Once they started crackling, add chopped onions , green chili, curry leaves and garlic cloves.
- Saute them well. Then add the tomatoes. cook everything well.
- Now add the chopped Cabbages, cover and cook for sometime.
- Add tamarind as well. Give a good mix and allow it cook for few more mins.
- Once it is done, cool down. Then add it to the mixer jar, add little bit of water and grind it. Now if you want, you can temper the chutney or else directly serve with Idli or Dosa.
Get all the ingredients ready.
Take a Kadai, heat the oil, add the mustard seeds, urad dal, and chana dal. Once they started crackling, add chopped onions, green chilies, garlic cloves, and curry leaves. Saute well.
Add chopped tomatoes, saute everything well together.
Once it starts blending, add cabbages. Cover and cook everything well.
Add tamarind piece also and cook for a few more minutes.
Once it is cooked, cool it off. Transfer to the blender, add a little more water. Grind it. Then transfer to a bowl and temper it if you prefer or serve directly with some Idli and Dosa for breakfast.