Cucumber and Peanut Salad Recipe – It’s a Maharashtrian salad recipe with full of bursting flavors.
As we all know salads are very healthy and filling, But sometimes people (including me) ignore this, because of the plain look and taste. This salad broke all those talks and it tastes amazing with full of different flavors like roasted peanuts, cucumber, grated coconut, mustard and curry leaves sauteed in coconut oil. Oh my god. I just can’t really come out of this. Believe me, this is the third time, I made this salad in the same week. It is that awesome.
I can’t really thank enough of my friend Vidya from https://masalachilli.com/ who introduced this Salad to me. She posted this recipe in Khamang Kakdi / Cucumber and Peanut Salad in Maharashtrian Style and I really wanted to give a try on this. After all, it didn’t disappoint me at all. It’s the best salad I ever had.
- Cucumber – 1 to 2 (peeled and chopped)
- Green chili – 2 to 3 (chopped)
- Roasted Peanuts – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – 1 to 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – required level
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Get all the ingredients ready. In a mixing bowl, take chopped cucumber and green chilies. Give a good mix.
- Then take a small pan, add coconut oil, once it is heated, add mustard seeds and curry leaves, allow it to crackle.
- Once it is done, mix the tempering with cucumber, then add some roasted peanuts and salt. Gently mix everything well.
- Finally, add the grated fine coconut and coriander leaves. Toss everything and serve immediately. You can also store in the refrigerator and serve it chilled.
The delicious “Cucumber and Peanut Salad” is ready to serve.
Happy Cooking 🙂