Red Cabbage and Carrot Salad Recipe
Red Cabbage and Carrot Salad – a real visual treat, yummy and crunchy tossed with simple ingredients.
If you are a foodie, What comes to your mind when you think about salad.. At least for me, I get.. “Hmm.. Salad.. Not bad.. But I need something, a little crunchy, tasty, spicy”.. You know the list would grow like this. Initially, when I used to plan a meal, I don’t exactly think about the protein factor, amount of veggies to be used, carbs and fat. But nowadays, I am learning to make some long term goals, when it comes to food.
Often, people mistake, that diet is something with a restrictive meal plan which helps you to lose weight. I was also thinking the same. For example: I used to take roti everyday, thinking that roti has lesser calories when compared to rice and some other stuffs similar to this. But when I stop the diet, I gain the weight right back. It depresses me all over again. Later I learned, that I need to change my perspective towards diet.
Nowadays, my policy is like include all the food types, in a moderate level. No guilty feeling. Take small portions of food at one time and make a balanced meal out of it. Consider a good amount of protein, veggies and nuts in your meal. Prepare some healthy snack or dish in advance and keep a stock, whenever the cravings hit your mind, just grab that stock. It will be hard in the beginning, But once you start making this as a practice, it will be fine.
I have been saying too much about the diet and other stuffs, Let’s just get into the topic “Salads”. There are so many good reasons to take salad every day.
1. Easy to make. 🙂
2. A good source of fiber helps to reduce bad cholesterol, controls blood sugar and weight loss.
3. The beautiful colour, crunchy and cool texture definitely invites everyone. Even kids would love it.
4. Helps to build strong bones, improves your skin tone and good for the heart.
Today I made Red cabbage and Carrot Salad. It is super cool, awesome color, crunchy and yummy. The dressing is up to your choice, I made it very simple.
- Red Cabbage – 1 cup (finely chopped or Shredded)
- Carrot – 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Celery – 1/3 cup (chopped)
For the Dressing:
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt – required level
- Black pepper powder – 1 tbsp
- Dry herbs – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Flax seeds – 1 tbsp
- Get all the ingredients ready. Take a large bowl, add shredded red cabbages and carrots. Mix well
- Now take olive oil, salt, pepper powder, herbs and lemon juice separately. whisk well. Then add the dressing to the mixed veggies.
- Now toss and combine everything well. At the end add celery and flax seeds also. Mix everything well.
- Set aside, this salad for few mins. Then serve with your meal.
Perfect Red Cabbage and Carrot Salad is ready to serve. 🙂
Happy Cooking 🙂