Summer is here, I see different varieties of mangoes everywhere. I heard there are more than 10 varieties of Mangoes grows in India. Out of these I like Mulgoba and Banganapalli Mangoes. I always make mango milkshakes and store it in the refrigerator before I go out. So that when I am back home, I have something to indulge myself in a yummy shake. Trust me, it’s very filling and I don’t feel like having anything for at least an hour. After all Mango is a King of Fruits.
Note: Since there are so many varieties, you need to choose the mangoes properly for milkshakes or juices. Some are very fibrous. You need something easy to peel and sweet.
I have added Organic Brown Sugar instead of white sugar, You can alternatively use jaggery as well. It tastes good.
- Ripe Banganapalli mangoes – 2 medium sized
- Sugar / Brown Sugar / Jaggery – 2 tbsp
- Condensed Milk – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 Cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cashews and Almonds – few
- Kesar (Saffron) – a pinch to garnish
- Choose the ripe mangoes, wash and peel them.
- Chop into small pieces. (It would be easy to blend)
- Take milk and chopped mangoes in a blender.
- Blend for half a min and then add water, sugar, condensed milk and dry fruits.
- Blend again until you get a perfect smooth shake.
- At the end, garnish with Kesar and dry fruits (optional). Serve it cold.
I generally don’t add ice cubes, I prefer storing in refrigerator for some time before serving. Alternatively you can either store in fridge or add ice cubes to serve cold.
Happy Summer!! Stay Happy and Healthy 🙂 ❤