Oats are a whole-grain, known scientifically as Avena sativa. They are rich in Carbohydrates, protein, and dietary fiber. They are high in Vitamin and minerals.
Oats are very nutritious and helps to reduce the level of bad cholesterol. Whole grain helps to reduce the risk of obesity, improve blood sugar control, reduce hunger and very filling.
Coconut is also as equal as Oats in health benefits. Its anti-oxidant properties holds large number of health benefits like, Improves metabolism, digestion, hydration and reduces bad cholesterol and weight.
Note: Take Oats and coconut as a part of your meal every day.
This cookie is the combination of both important ingredients, It’s healthy and tasty. Kids would love this snack. This is best for party’s and it could be made in advance and store them in an air-tight container to retain the flavor and taste.
- All purpose flour / Self raising flour – 2 cup
- Coconut – 1 cup (finely grated)
- Sugar – 1 cup (powdered)
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 50 grams
- Milk – 1 to 2 tablespoons
Note: 1 cup is equivalent to 30 grams approximately.
- Take a mixing bowl, Add flour and sugar, stir well. Once it gets mixed. Add grated coconut into that mixture. Mix well without any lumps.
- Once it is mixed well, add oats into that mixture.
- Melt the butter and add it to the mixture and mix well.
- To get the consistent dough, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk into mixture and make a dough.
- Make small balls out of the dough, press it to make it flat and fix the almond in the center.
- Now its time to bake. Preheat the oven for 5 mins.
- In baking tray, apply a little bit of butter, place all the cookies in that tray.
- Now place the tray inside microwave, Bake it in conventional mode for 20 mins at 180 degree
Yummy yummy cookies are ready to serve.
Happy Cooking 🙂