In South India we call it as Carrot Halwa and in North India this recipe is known as Gajar ka Halwa. This recipe could be served as sweet for evening snacks and also dessert for meals.
- Peel and grate the carrot finely.
- In Pan, put one and half tablespoon of ghee and fry the grated carrot well until it becomes golden brown color.
- On a low flame, add milk and stir the carrot well. continue stirring until it boils.
- Now the grated carrot gets cooked and milk starting to evaporate.
- When 75% of milk is reduced, add sugar and continue stirring until it blends well with carrot.
- Chop almonds into small pieces vertically and split cashews into 2 pieces.
- Peel the cardamom and make a powder of that.
- Fry the almonds and cashews with another one and half tablespoon of ghee separately.
- Now add the condensed milk to the carrot and stir well.
- After 2 mins, add the fried cashews, almonds to the carrot and stir well
- Towards the end, add the cardamom powder, mix well and keep the simmer on.
- Once the carrot blends well, turn of the burner.
Carrot Halwa is now ready to serve. It really yummy. Please try and share your comments.